Colorado Springs, Colorado
719-578-1183 or 303-795-0662
Steven Katzman is an experienced and caring trial lawyer with over 35 years experience, representing people accused of criminal offenses in Colorado as well as divorce, custody and post decree matters.
Steve graduated from Arapahoe High School in Littleton and the University of Colorado in Boulder. He received his law degree from Lewis and Clark College’s Northwestern School of Law in 1978. While in law school, Steve was on the law review, served as a teaching assistant for first year law students, and was a recipient of the American Jurisprudence (Am Jur) Award.
Steve ran his own law practice in the Denver area for 29 years before joining Daniel, Thom & Katzman, P.C. on May 1, 2007. He has handled over a thousand cases involving all areas of family law, serious felonies, misdemeanors, DUIs, and traffic offenses for adults and juveniles in courts all over the state of Colorado.
Steve has appeared on numerous news programs in Denver and Colorado Springs commenting on issues involving DUI cases and criminal law.
Steve is active in the local community. He was a member of the Board of Directors for the Evergreen Children’s Chorale and served as President of the Board of the Evergreen Lightningboltz. He continues to be a mentor/adviser to mock trial students at Arapahoe High School.
He was a member of the Colorado Board of Medical Examiners for 9 years. He has been an Associate Municipal Judge in the City of Littleton for over 25 years and served as President of the Colorado Municipal Judges Association in 2010 – 2011.
Steve enjoys travel, reading, and spectator sports, especially Rockies baseball. Steve is a professional potter and has shown his work at numerous shows in the Denver area. He has two adult children.
- Domestic Relations: Divorce, Custody, Child Support, Post Decree
- Criminal Law
- Felonies and Misdemeanors
- Traffic Offenses
- Colorado, 1978
- Lewis and Clark College Northwestern School of Law, Portland, Oregon,
Honors: Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award
Honors: Teaching Assistant, First-Year Law Students
- Law Review:
Lewis and Clark Northwestern School of Law Review
- University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, 1975 B.A.
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Arapahoe County Bar Association Member
- Colorado Bar Association Member
- El Paso County Bar Association
- Colorado Municipal Judges Association
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar Association
Other Employment Positions:
- City of Littleton Municipal Court, Associate Judge
Pro Bono Activities:
- Advisor, Mock Trial Students, Arapahoe High School